Ladies and gentlemen, at this public rally, I would like to talk and pay tribute to a truly great man – President Barrack Obama – who has made a positive impact on my life, as well on the lives of many others, either directly or indirectly. As the United States president, Barack Obama has made history in various aspects. Obama has not only made history by becoming the first African American US president, but has also demonstrated influential personal charisma and capabilities to raise human spirits and unite people. Barack Obama has empowered many citizens through his actions and ability to deliver what his words claim (Amelie, 2010). He has strengths and characteristics to use his words to make people ponder and reach within their internal potential to create and deliver change. Obama has made an indelible mark not only in America, but all over the world as well. Barrack Obama has maternal lineage with various famous individuals. He was born to Barrack Hussein Obama Sr, who was a Kenyan international by origin, and Stanley Ann Durham. Obama became the first black president of the USA. Despite the fears of ridicule, defeat and opposition, he managed to beat all odds and harnessed motivation to succeed where many had tried but failed (Amelie, 2010). Barrack Obama’s most prized merits are his utmost concern for his citizens’ well-being, responsible leadership and strong will.
- Barrack Obama made many promises concerning dealing with people’s equality and rights, improving the financial state of affairs in the USA and enhancing people’s awareness. He took pains and achieved his set goals, thus presenting himself as an honest, just and responsible leader.
- Obama overcame all stereotypical ideas that have haunted non-white people for many decades. His rise to power and a top position in America gave hope to many people, as well as other people of African origin in various parts of the world (Zaki, 2012). President Obama achieved what many famous people, like Martin Luther King, failed to achieve.
- I give due credit to this strong-willed man for his spirit in fighting for national democracy, and for the representation of all races regardless of their color.
- Obama should be honored for paying attention to materialism and poverty related issues facing African Americans; he has also addressed multitudes of college students on the need of being innovative to create ways of countering poverty (Zaki, 2012).
- Obama has ensured his government has worked towards building a more democratic free America, with matters of national interest being his first and major priorities. He has mended the education, health and national security sectors. These actions prove that he is deeply concerned in regard to fellow Americans, their troubles and well-being.
- President Obama has paved way to make education cost manageable for students with different backgrounds. He has made several credible attempts to stabilize job and housing markets for the American citizens, despite the looming economic crisis worldwide (Cynthia, 2009).
- Obama had further proved his ability to lead humbly when he withdrew the American troops from Iraq. This saw the end of a war that had claimed the lives of many American soldiers. Obama’s government withdrew the troops hence bringing the American sons to the American land (Cynthia, 2009).
- Amidst the financial crisis, president Barrack Obama has managed to recapitalize the American banks. He has managed to lure private capital into the country’s largest bank through street tests of their public and private funds and their balance sheets. This saw banks raise to their potentialities with the government incurring no costs (Amelie, 2010)
In conclusion, President Barack Obama is a caring and responsible leader of the American nation, as well as great family man. His leadership skills, qualities and capabilities to move the hearts of people will always be remembered even after his tenure is over. The success he has brought to the United States of America, such as changing the public image of America, will forever be appreciated and noted.
Barack Obama has empowered many through his actions and ability to deliver what his words claim. He possesses values and merits that enable him to make people ponder and employ their internal potential to change themselves and their society. Obama continues to make history even now; he is a prominent and recognized leader all over the world. With these remarks, I would like to end this speech presentation by saluting his Excellency President Barack Obama, may he live long and prosper.
Amelie, V. Z. (2010) Barack Obama; man of destiny. New York: the Rosen Publishing Group.
Cynthia, F. (2009) Yes we did? From Kings dream to Obama’s promise. Kentucky: Kentucky University Press.
John, P. (2012) Barack Obama’s top 100 accomplishments 2009-2012. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Jason P. (2010) The Election of Barack Obama; Race and Politics in America. New York: the Rosen Publishing Group.
Zaki, L. (2012) Limited achievements; Obama’s foreign policy. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.